I’m going to take a break from analyzing and agonizing and appreciate how things are now. This is in memory of Jane, who liked to say, “What a wonderful now.”
Ten nice things about my motherhood experience:
1. My children are exuberant, interesting, and compassionate.
2. I’ve gotten a much better understanding of my parents and in-laws, now that I am a parent myself.
3. I’ve had to learn to be less serious and play more.
4. The kids talked me into getting a cat, and I really like our cat.
5. I can see tangible results from all the soul-searching and personal change I went through.
6. I think my children generally trust me and can talk to me about sensitive subjects.
7. I got to find out what a wonderful father my husband is.
8. I’m learning a lot of things I hadn’t learned before, like patience and relationship-building and raising tadpoles.
9. I love sitting on the couch, snuggling with the kids.
10. Things finally are more how I hoped they would be, and less how I feared they would be.
These are just the first ten that popped into my head, and not a complete list. What is nice about motherhood for you?